Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life and Death


I came across these 2 quotations at the entrance of a crematorium today. I thought it is very meaningful and it sort of make me understand and accept death. The english quote is taken from Hamlet's text by Shakespeare. To me, it meant there is a mystery of life, how we born to the earth/nature and go back to where we came from, our soul lives eternity after death. Every living thing must die in this world, and when our body turn to dust, that's when our soul seek and meet GOD, which leads to eternity. Therefore, we have to be strong and live life through no matter how we were not willing to let go the person we loved, as he or she will live even more happily next to GOD. That's my translation when I read them, these words might touch you differently and meant differently to you too. What's your thoughts?

For the chinese quotation, it meant there are flowers bloom and flowers wilt, the wilt one turns to sand/soil. One life's end, and another life will be born. This is the nature of the earth/life.

"Do not for ever with thy vailed lids
Seek for thy noble father in the dust.
Thou know'st 'tis common. All that lives must die,
Passing through nature to eternity"
- Hamlet I:II:70

Another chinese quote which I roughly remembered :
'华开花落, 华落变春泥
一个生命的结束,原来一生命的开始
这是大
自然规律,生生一息'

p/s: Treasure each moments whenever you are with someone, and do your best for them while you can before they were gone and before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment